Oral health care for Valentine’s Day is just as important as every other day of the year. The forces that seek to harm your teeth and gums never take time off, so be sure to continue practicing safe health care habits during all festivities to ensure your teeth can last a lifetime.
Enjoy the holidays with a smile. Here are some oral health care tips to keep your smile bright on Valentine’s Day:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Masterpiece Dental at our office in American Fork, Utah.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Brandon Green, please call our office at 801.756.5136. We make smiles brighter!