It’s already March which means spring is on the way! This time of year heralds the start of new beginnings as we shed the weight of winter and move back into a lighter phase of living. And one of the best ways you can “spring clean” your health and revitalize your teeth and gums this season is to get a professional dental cleaning. In fact, the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) says that the best thing you can do to maintain excellent oral health is to see your dentist every six months to have a professional dental cleaning. These checkups and cleanings reinforce the oral health routine (such as daily brushing and flossing, etc.) that you do every day to care for your smile.
So what do dental cleanings and checkups involve? Because they are specifically designed to preserve your health, they are also a time to help prevent disease and check the areas in your mouth that may require further attention. At your dental visit our dentist will provide preventative and diagnostic services which can include:
- Polishing fillings and crowns
- Removing any stains on the tooth enamel
- Removing plaque and tartar off of teeth and gums
- Applying fluoride to tooth enamel, if needed
- Applying dental sealants on molars if necessary
- An Oral cancer screening and exam
- Checking the bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- Evaluating the gum tissue
- Taking x-rays, and assessing the teeth for decay
- Planning treatment as needed
- Referral to specialists for treatment as necessary
If you are ready to spruce up your smile this season and ensure your oral health, take a moment to schedule your springtime dental cleaning. Give our team at Masterpiece Dental in American Fork, Utah a call today at 801.756.5136 and let us help revitalize your smile!